Wiki approach for chicken "main breed description" pages?

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by exop, Aug 11, 2011.

1. exop

exop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2009
    NW Indiana
    While I appreciate all the effort that people have put in to creating informative breed description pages, I've now read several breed descriptions where people have included misinformation, sometimes quite bizarre. Sometimes a breed history has been written with little knowlege of the actual, documented history of a breed (or omitted saying "nothing is known about the origins of ... XX") . I'm sure this is all accidental, but it would be nice to have a way to correct the page entries without stepping on anyone's toes.

Maybe not an outright wiki approach, but if we could suggest changes to an editorial board or something... [​IMG] and back up change requests with actual references (book name, page number; or catalog name, year; or magazine name, issue, page number; or website;). If several references disagree, maybe all could be left on the page but at least a reader would get an idea of the different versions that exist and how to read more about them.

Best - exop
  2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the feedback. This is actually something we've been discussing for a while and may open up soon!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by