Wild baby duck!!!!!! ALL ALONE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ms~Silkie~Girl

Songster
10 Years
Feb 7, 2009
New York STATE
At school today a couple techers went outside and there was a little 1 or 2 day old duck by HIMSELF or HERSELF. They put it in a cardboard box and they brought it up to my homeroom, and i was there. i said if you can't find its mother i will take it and i think they prob will end up giving it to me., but i really hope they find its mother! I told them what they should do. There is a very small pond down the road a little but how would the baby duck get there??? If you have any tips your welcome to tell them to me.

Thanks!

DO YOU HAVE A SILKIE HEN? IF SO JUST PUT THE DUCK IN THE RUN WITH HER AND SHE'LL ADOPT IT. ALSO ORPHAN DUCKS SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO SWIM FOR SEVEN weeks.

Last edited:
Quote:
NO, But i want one!!! thanks that helps a lot, i wasn't quite sure about that, THANKS!!!

OR ANOTHER WAY WOULD BE TO FIND A DUCK STARTER RECIPE. ILL LOOK FOR YOU AND POST IT WHEN I FIND ONE.

**8. Do not post overly personal information like your phone number, address, age (especially if you are a minor), also do not ask other's abut their ages for the same reasons. **

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
NO, But i want one!!! thanks that helps a lot, i wasn't quite sure about that, THANKS!!!

OR ANOTHER WAY WOULD BE TO FIND A DUCK STARTER RECIPE. ILL LOOK FOR YOU AND POST IT WHEN I FIND ONE.

And THANKS AGAIN!!!!

**8. Do not post overly personal information like your phone number, address, age (especially if you are a minor), also do not ask other's abut their ages for the same reasons. **

Quote:
Why can't an orphaned duck be allowed to swim until seven months?
I have raised waterfowl for eight years now and there is no reason at all they can't swim as much as they want once their adult feathers are in and they no longer get water-logged.

Quote:

And THANKS AGAIN!!!!

ALSO I WAS JUST READING A WEBSITE AND IT SAID DUCKLINGS SHOULDNT BE KEPT ALONE SO YOU MIGHT WANNA ORDER YOU A COUPLE OF CHICKS(THIS IS THE PERFECT OPPURTUNITY TO GET A FEW SILKIES) AND RAISE THEM WITH YOUR DUCKLING. HOWEVER IF YOU DONT WANT TO ORDER THEN YOU WOULD HAVE TO KEEP YOUR DUCK INDOORS UNTIL ITS OLDER AND PLAY WITH AND HANDLE IT ALOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom