Wild or dumped ducks?

What happen when the mallards fly off to migrate? :(
I'm not sure, either way her bond will likely end with the season. I can identify which drake is her friend, as she has an odd wing- I suspect an old injury which healed oddly. I don't know if he can fly
I just have this memory of her on the water, looking up as half the mallards flew away. It was quite heartbreaking. I'm hopeful she will survive the summer, but I don't believe she'll make it through another winter. I just don't know what to do

It’s not easy took me a week to get the ones dumped on our rive
it took me far longer, but the attempts couldn't be consisitent- I only had certain days off, certain days I could get a lift having sold my car- and every attempt failed
I just wish there were another way. Some people would find it easy to walk away, but I'll never be able to forget about her

I'm not sure, either way her bond will likely end with the season. I can identify which drake is her friend, as she has an odd wing- I suspect an old injury which healed oddly. I don't know if he can fly
I just have this memory of her on the water, looking up as half the mallards flew away. It was quite heartbreaking. I'm hopeful she will survive the summer, but I don't believe she'll make it through another winter. I just don't know what to do
That's a really heartbreaking picture you painted... I wish humans never meddled with their genetics causing them to grow so large they lost their ability to fly and have leg issues 😢 my heart hurts knowing how badly abused ducks are... particularly ducks in factory farms... and most especially fois gras ducks and ducks raised for their down.... 😭 I hope future generations are move civilized and treat animals as living feeling sentient individuals and not as a means to an end.

Last edited:
That's a really heartbreaking picture you painted... I wish humans never meddled with their genetics causing them to grow so large they lost their ability to fly and have leg issues 😢 my heart hurts knowing how badly abused ducks are... particularly ducks in factory farms... and most especially fois gras ducks and ducks raised for their down.... 😭 I hope future generations are move civilized and treat animals as living feeling sentient individuals and not as a means to an end.
couldn't agree more !

Back
Top Bottom