wild turkey with severe sinuitus or airsacculitis

We are currently giving her turkey grower. We figure she is now about 7 months old. She was a very good hunter before the snow came, and loves her worms. She had some apple, and some corn, but primarliy the turkey grower. I will try the yogurt and egg suggestion for sure! You said that she will continue to have the fluid while she's fighting the infection. Would it make sense that the tylan 50 will kill off the infection and then we should see reduction in the fluid? Also do you know why the colour of the fluid has changed from yellow to dark brown? Over the last 3 days ?

Well if you were not using the Turkey Grower I would have suggested it
wink.png

And yes the tylan 50 will defiantly do it's job and clear this up
smile.png

Wow a color change from yellow to brown that sounds like there are some dead blood cells in the fluid is all that comes to my mind ......

gander007
old.gif

Have you asked your vet about the color change of the fluid? I hope she will get well - you are taking such good care of her.

Thanks everyone for your interest in my jemma. I will be taking her to the vet on Friday at which time I will mention the fluid discharge. Originally my vet was reluctant to drain the fluid. I have to keep in mind, that its illegal for me to have a wild turkey. I think he wants to help , but he could get into trouble if word gets out that he aiding a wild turkeys recovery. If we lived closer he offered to come to my home, but we are 45 minutes away from his clinic. She draws a lot off attention when we visit and I think that is a concern lol.

Well the tylan 500 finally arrived 2 days ago. We have been draining and putting .5 CC in each cheek daily. She's bruised a bit from the injection, and the swelling doesn't seem to be going down yet. From what I have read, it takes 3 days to see improvement. She is eating, drinking and happy. That's the update folks :)

Back
Top Bottom