Wildlife Photography

A few from this morning...

250A1315.jpg

250A1366.jpg

250A1377.jpg

Yes, I bought an Olympus TG-6 and a video light. When I get done flounder gigging, I go and shoot underwater pics for a little bit. It takes pretty good pics and video for a point and shoot.
Great underwater shots! I ended up returning my TG-5; I couldn't stand the purple hued circle on the lens/lens cover and the IQ did not meet my expectations. The lens spot is a known issue with the TG series. Have you noticed it on the TG-6?

Great underwater shots! I ended up returning my TG-5; I couldn't stand the purple hued circle on the lens/lens cover and the IQ did not meet my expectations. The lens spot is a known issue with the TG series. Have you noticed it on the TG-6?
I haven't noticed it but haven't looked for it either. I did read about that issue with the TG-5 though. I do like this camera. It does great macro work, which I haven't done much of yet. It's strongest suit is macro video I think. Here some example footage. It sold me when I saw the flounder footage, lol.

I've taken some close up flounder video with it but my laptop can't handle 4k so I have to get my desktop finished before I can edit it. The white balance was all messed up too so ill have to try again. Here's a couple screenshots of some of my flounder footage.

Screenshot_20220809-212253_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20220809-212231_Gallery.jpg

I mainly bought this to experiment with as I wasn't sure if my water was clear enough to get good shots. Surprisingly it is.

I may end up selling it eventually to get a dive housing for my R5 (my end goal) but an ikelight housing and ports cost about as much as a used R5.... ouch. Got too many other projects going on to swing that right now....

That seems like a lot of storage! My photos are about 8mb each I'd fill my harddrive in a week or two 😂

Why not?
[brianb@ferrum photos]$ ls -altR | grep -ie psd -ie jpg -ie nef | wc -l
[brianb@ferrum photos]$ du -hs .
1.5T .

HUMAN TRANSLATION:
* 130,535 files with a .jpg, .nef (raw) or .psd (photoshop document format) on my photo drive.
* 1.5 TB of space.

That's keepers dating to 2000. I've been gradually cleaning up old junk and converting things I know I'll never want to work with again (but still want to preserve) to jpegs to save space.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom