Wildlife Photography

I keep all of mine
Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

Is it not the weirdest feeling when you take 1000 photos but only end up keeping 10 or so?:caf
I would feel weird if I ONLY took 1000 photos. :lau I took 3000 today. :eek:

I typically take several hundred at a time, but I got trigger happy this afternoon, lol. I was with a couple herons for about an hour this afternoon. I kept sneaking closer and closer over the course of an hour so every time I got closer, I took new images. I'm a stickler for sharp images so every time I take in image, I usually rattle off at least 5 or 10 then I will pick the sharpest as my keeper. If he changes his pose, I rattle off some more. Then if he does something unique or fast action, I will hold the shutter down and rattle off a lot. When the light changes I take some more. I move around slightly to change my composition... I take some more. My cameras shoot at 20 and 30 frames per second. So, it only takes a few seconds to get hundreds of photos.

My files are big, so I do not keep many on my hard drive. The RAW files are around 45MB each, but I shoot in cRAW which cuts the size down to 21MB. Out of 3000 images, lol.... I put about 40 on my computer and ended up with a handful that I like. I used to keep all my images, but my laptop has been slow recently and I'm trying not to completely fill up my drive. @azurbanclucker is helping me with my first desktop build and I'm looking forward to getting it all put together. Will be dabbling around with video editing again...

Here's some from this afternoon....

046A7695.jpg

046A8445.jpg

046A8584.jpg

046A8640.jpg

046A8990.jpg

046A9374.jpg

046A9931.jpg

046A0041.jpg

046A0321.jpg

046A0433.jpg

Last edited:
Unfortunately due to people refusing to keep dogs on their leash the council is having to cut down trees and build essentially a fence 3 metres from the waters edge to stop dogs attacking birds and nests.

Back
Top Bottom