Wildlife Photography

Awesome. If you go by those ponds, go to the edge and try getting the camera a couple inches above the water. It's not easy, especially with a big lens, but it makes for a very nice photo...
Honestly the biggest issue I have currently isn't the lens, I am feeling super confident with its weight now, it's the wet. I have to go so far from the edge of the pond due to it going almost marshlike. I have unfortunately large feet so I am still trying to find some good boots or wellies! lol

These are as low as I've been able to sort of do so far 🤠
IMGP9818.jpg
IMGP8543.jpg
IMGP8696.jpg

Honestly the biggest issue I have currently isn't the lens, I am feeling super confident with its weight now, it's the wet. I have to go so far from the edge of the pond due to it going almost marshlike. I have unfortunately large feet so I am still trying to find some good boots or wellies! lol

These are as low as I've been able to sort of do so far 🤠
View attachment 3335890View attachment 3335892View attachment 3335894
You're not a real photographer if you don't strip down to your boxers and wade in the water.... at a park... full of people... to get the shot :gigj/k

Those are very nice. That's close, but even those pretty low angle images will look completely different with the camera at water level. You definitely can't do it everywhere though, without going swimming, lol. You need a good hard edge and a bank that's not too steep.

Last edited:
hip waders, yo :)
Brilliant 🤣🤣
You're not a real photographer if you don't strip down to your boxers and wade in the water.... at a park... full of people... to get the shot :gigj/k

Those are very nice. That's close, but even those pretty low angle images will look completely different with the camera at water level. You definitely can't do it everywhere though, without going swimming, lol. You need a good hard edge and a bank that's not too steep.
It's such a public pond too it's just be brilliant walking into the pond in hip waders and bright yellow wellies! I wonder how busy it is on a Wednesday 😮 I'm a big lad dees, cut me some slack I'm trying 😜 hehe

Another tool you may consider sticking in your bag is a small tarp you can spread on the ground and get down low on without getting soaked. Obviously not going to work if you need wellies or waders, but you'd be surprised how often it can come in handt when you want to be laying on your belly taking super low angle shots on questionable ground.

Another tool you may consider sticking in your bag is a small tarp you can spread on the ground and get down low on without getting soaked. Obviously not going to work if you need wellies or waders, but you'd be surprised how often it can come in handt when you want to be laying on your belly taking super low angle shots on questionable ground.
Simple but effective, love this idea. Definitely have like 400 tarps laying around in various places!

Back
Top Bottom