Wildlife thread

ya a new thread for other animals :)

but as i said in the bird thread, we have coyotes, shunks, squirrel, deer (mule and the odd white tail) the odd moose, cougar, and bear.. we also own a farm down south (in sask) which is over run with coyotes (there killing baby cows) rabbits badgers, and muskrats as well as the odd mink i believe

Sorry guys, I keep forgetting to answer my own threads lol but that sucks about the coyotes! the others are cool though :)

Got these like a month ago but finally got around to putting one out lol

I figured they'd like the molasses one.

well we found some big coon tracks in our garden, this is the first sign of predators of this year. hoping it left the area or going to trap and kill it. also found a dead muskrat (or seen a dead muskrat) on the high way, first rat i seen this year.

Wow i hope it left and doesn't go after your flock! We had a fox come by around 5 this morning. Hasn't been around in a few months but it's like the 3rd or 4th time back... dog scared it off but then it was bold enough to run by again after dog had calmed down & didn't notice. But it just went into the woods rather than trying to attack again but still pretty bold or stupid.

Wow i hope it left and doesn't go after your flock! We had a fox come by around 5 this morning. Hasn't been around in a few months but it's like the 3rd or 4th time back... dog scared it off but then it was bold enough to run by again after dog had calmed down & didn't notice. But it just went into the woods rather than trying to attack again but still pretty bold or stupid.
that sucks, i enjoy wild life, but predators kinda suck once in a while.

update on the wild life i have near our small farm.

found some more big coon tracks, pretty fresh, saw some coyote tracks as well.

but bad news we found at least (me and my dad) 3 badger homes/holes/dens not sure if 2 of them are lived in but 1 for sure is inhabited (or it could be a fox den) in our horse pasture, put a havahart trap up near the den and hope to catch something.

Back
Top Bottom