will a bark collar work on a chicken?

It was an idea, and all ideas are worth pondering
thumbsup.gif

First of all, if you have a dog, train it, don't torture it with a bark collar. And second of all, putting one on a chicken is ten times as cruel. Animals make NOISE, if you don't like it, find them a home where they can cluck and scratch as God intended.

I agree I would like to know any alternative...but I think Insulation is a great idea...I am building my first coop today and will let hubby know that we need another adjustment...then I amy have to move into my own coop....this was my pet project and he is a bit testy at me right now....lol!!

At 5:30 this morning, when the ladies woke up me and the spouse with very loud demands to be released into the yard, the ultrasonic anti-bark collar idea seemed brilliant. Actually, it stills seems pretty clever as I fight off a nap.

I've seen an ultrasonic anti-bark gadget that looks like a birdhouse. I wonder if that would give us a fighting chance at sleeping past sunrise?

Last edited:
Quote:
why do you think it is torture?

and why is it "ten times worse" on a chicken?

i agree with you i dont think this is 10 times worse on a chicken if it is intended for a 6 pound dog and some chickens get above that why will it hurt more when it has feathers to go through and a dog just has its skin therefor it cant be painful to the chicken more its just a jolt but its your opinion and this is mine i just dont see it as torture thats my preference. but it doesnt mean i would do this

Last edited:
Quote:
why do you think it is torture?

and why is it "ten times worse" on a chicken?

i agree with you i dont think this is 10 times worse on a chicken if it is intended for a 6 pound dog and some chickens get above that why will it hurt more when it has feathers to go through and a dog just has its skin therefor it cant be painful to the chicken more its just a jolt but its your opinion and this is mine i just dont see it as torture thats my preference. but it doesnt mean i would do this

i was just curious what the reasoning is behind the "it's torture" statement

i've been shocked by a shock collar before ... it really isn't that bad and can hardly be considered "painful"

it is more surprising than anything else

Back
Top Bottom