Will A Nurture Right 360 Work For Quail Eggs?

Hello! This is the only picture I have of the popsicle sticks, but i hope it helps! I actually moved the sticks after this so they were tighter around the egg. It is still important that there is some space between the egg and the sides so they can roll properly, so just keep adjusting and testing with the turn button on the incubator. Good luck! This worked well for me and i got healthy baby quail!

Thank you so much! It helps me lots to see a picture. I was hoping there was a way to do them with two per slot, but I guess I can deal with 22 each time. 😆

Hello! I recently purchased a Nurture Right 360 incubator because I heard great things about it. I plan on hatching some quail, and the eggs should be here soon. I just read something about this incubator not being good for quail eggs. Is this true? Im worried I purchased this and I will have to manually turn them.
Hello! I recently purchased a Nurture Right 360 incubator because I heard great things about it. I plan on hatching some quail, and the eggs should be here soon. I just read something about this incubator not being good for quail eggs. Is this true? Im worried I purchased this and I will have to manually turn them.
IMG_20200807_094211.jpg

I notched wooden skewers to fit into the groves of the chicken egg turner.

I did a similar thing with mine, except I super glued plastic dividers in mine.
I don't know first hand but I think they also make a quail egg sized turner....I didn't call or send a e-mail to find out if they did or not...just heard that through the 'grape vine'.

I realize this is an older post but wanted to respond.
You are correct, there is a quail turner. I managed to buy one off eBay. It was 3D printed most likely (the seller just said it was 3D printed and she won two at a raffle) by a man named JD Spencer and his son. You can learn more here.....

I did not buy directly from them, and I haven’t been able to use it all the way through a hatch yet, so can’t give any feedback there. It was too loose on the D socket so it kept slipping, ie not turning with the shaft. I tried a few different things before I took it out and put the regular one back in. 9FF4A13A-2C93-4DE9-AD22-7B145D4C9985.jpeg
Later I filled in some epoxy to make it fit tighter but haven’t tried it yet.

I realize this is an older post but wanted to respond.
You are correct, there is a quail turner. I managed to buy one off eBay. It was 3D printed most likely (the seller just said it was 3D printed and she won two at a raffle) by a man named JD Spencer and his son. You can learn more here.....

I did not buy directly from them, and I haven’t been able to use it all the way through a hatch yet, so can’t give any feedback there. It was too loose on the D socket so it kept slipping, ie not turning with the shaft. I tried a few different things before I took it out and put the regular one back in. View attachment 2451209
Later I filled in some epoxy to make it fit tighter but haven’t tried it yet.
Thanks for the info!

In case anyone comes around here at this late date looking for options, there is a business on Etsy that sells quail egg turners for $28/incl. shipping. It holds 45 eggs. I purchased two from her and they turned my eggs beautifully.

4C3E3612-4EDB-4BC0-9C79-4E3A3303D523.jpeg

“ThatChickPrinter” is the name to search on Etsy. She was pretty new to the game when I found her but I just peeped her account and it looks like others have had success with the turners as well.

Happy Hatching!!

Back
Top Bottom