Will a sprayer harm chickens?

Chicks Galore3

Artistic Bird Nut
11 Years
Dec 16, 2011
Iowa
There is a cornfield right next to the coop, and my grandpa is spraying it today. I know chickens respiratory systems are sensitive, so i quick shoved them in the coop and shut the door....Will the spray harm them? I am thinking of keeping them in the coop and maybe letting them out to run around the barn. (coop is in the barn) so they won't get too bored. Opinions?

I live in a pear orchard and our coop is about 12 feet from the closest row of trees. They haven't had any problems so far. Keep in mind, chickens have been around longer than we have, and they're a lot tougher than we give them credit for. My husbands great-grandparents ran chickens on this same land back when they used to use arsenic as crop spray, at least the stuff they use now is usually a little better! With that in mind, I wouldnt' let them bathe in the stuff, but it settles down pretty quick so they should be fine.

Ok, thanks. :D I did let them out, because it was such a nice day out (not many of those left!) and it had just rained so all the bugs (that are left) were out.

Back
Top Bottom