Pics
.... Actually most of Texas' house-heating power comes from natural gas- and because they refused to weatherize. Upgrading costs $$ and the companies were not "required" to weatherize, and are not under federal regulations in Texas - it was just a 'friendly suggestion' they could ignore without consequence, even after the last 2 similar, though smaller, winter weather events, so everything froze. Texas windmills, like their other fossil fuel and nuclear power sources, were also not weatherized and so (as around 10% of their total power) yes, they froze. Consider that windmills are used in the Arctic- though of course those are properly equipped for cold weather.

And now they've got a water and in some cases sewage crisis as a secondary issue to the power failure- all kinds of pipes breaking and flooding houses as things start to defrost.

7 full days into no power here- thankfully the propane truck got here to refill us before we ran out. Day 8 here we go.
I'm sorry for what you are going through. If its any consolation I know exactly how tough it is to go a week or 2 without power. We have a few days of no power every week at the moment.. going on 36 hrs of no power currently. Our power guys tried to fix the problem this morning.. power came on briefly and we heard a loud bang through the neighbourhood.. power gone.. they blew up something. Fingers crossed that both our power is restored soonest

I'm sorry for what you are going through. If its any consolation I know exactly how tough it is to go a week or 2 without power. We have a few days of no power every week at the moment.. going on 36 hrs of no power currently. Our power guys tried to fix the problem this morning.. power came on briefly and we heard a loud bang through the neighbourhood.. power gone.. they blew up something. Fingers crossed that both our power is restored soonest

8 days and a few hours in - we have power! I will however continue to keep my fingers crossed that they sort out your power issue --- maybe whatever they broke will be replaced with something more reliable. (wishful thinking???)

8 days and a few hours in - we have power! I will however continue to keep my fingers crossed that they sort out your power issue --- maybe whatever they broke will be replaced with something more reliable. (wishful thinking???)
Yay for you guys.. woohoo! Thank you.. still nothing. I hope it comes on soon too

I'm hoping to sex my x bred chicks by comb. With Sulmtalers, females have a wickel comb (s shaped comb) and males have a straight comb. In theory all wickel combs should be definitely female.. all straight combed could be male, or female if the mothers comb is inherited. Maybe it will help to whittle it down at least lol

Crests starting on the cross breed chicks 😊
20210223_140109.jpg
20210223_140054.jpg
20210223_140148.jpg
20210223_140610.jpg
20210223_140251.jpg

Back
Top Bottom