Will chickens go through a flap like a dog door??

Excellent, thank you for the great pictures of the chickens actually going through the flap. I want to be able to leave the chickens on weekends when I am out of town and let them manage their own in/out coop time on those two days. The door will be into a secure run so they won't be able to escape.

YES!!! my chickens learned to use a see through doggie door with some encouragement, such as a favorite treat and vocal encouragement. you will have to repeat this many times in order for them to get it, similar to dog training but you have to be realy repetitive. if you are going to get a doggie door make sure it is not too heavy! My RIR had some trouble getting through the one we have which is big enough for a border collie to fit through and has magnets on the bottom so the flap will stay. I would recomend the smallest door the chickens can fit through so it is not too heavy.

Igot that kind of doggie door that JSC talking about and I took the flap out since my chickens didnt like it. Cover the hole with strips of plastic or burlap bags.

I lvoe to close it at night, all easy to do!

Oh I cant wait to show off the pics of the "pop door" that GopherBoy has invented to put in our chicken house!! We are taking step by step pics of it so as soon as its in we will post the pics.
My birds have rubber strips that I placed over the Pop Hole OPening, to help keep the snow, rain and wind out. Works great and the chickens dont mind. The key is, they have to be able to see whats on the other side, or they wont go through.

Oh I cant wait to show off the pics of the "pop door" that GopherBoy has invented to put in our chicken house!! We are taking step by step pics of it so as soon as its in we will post the pics.
Did worm well.
100_9708.jpg

100_5111.jpg

100_5108.jpg

100_5107.jpg

Back
Top Bottom