Will he make it?

luna01

Chirping
Mar 29, 2016
This Christmas as per usual my brothers and I made our Christmas lists. My baby brother decided to put duck and chicken eggs on his list and my grandma who has both of these animals already laying decided to give him 10. Out of curiosity I decided to candle them. About 7 of them looked like they were still just yolks two looked like they had slight developments and one looked like it was an almost fully developed chick/duck with an air bubble and everything. However we don't have an incubator. Now my question is this will this almost ready to hatch chick/duck finish developing and make it? I have a heat lamp set up and I'm dong regular checks to make sure the temp near them stays between 99° and 102° and I plan to start using a spray bottle filled with water to give them some sort of humidity. Is this enough? Will the eggs make it? Please let me know

I'm not an expert by any means but when I was growing up, my mom did chicken and duck eggs with a heat lamp set up in a large flat tray thing with a towel under them, turned them by hand, and they did fine. It's worth a shot!

Thank you for responding! This has been driving me crazy because this is my first time incubating eggs, if they had all been recently layed I wouldn't be stressing as much however this little guy already made it so far. Thank you again oh and do you know how often I'm supposed to turn the eggs?

Last edited:
Thank you for responding! This has been driving me crazy because this is my first time incubating egg-shaped they all been freshly layed I wouldn't be stressing as much however this little guy already made it so far. Thank you again oh and do you know how often I'm supposed to turn the eggs?
I don't know much about ducks - I have coturnix quail. You might get a good response on the duck forum though! :)

Back
Top Bottom