Will history repeat it's self? And lets play the name game!

Try Thatcher if it's a girl. I wanted my sister to use it and she wouldn't. Dork. And it's kind of like "hatcher" so it is appropriate for this site!
big_smile.png

I like funky names though. Thatcher, Thayer, Fletcher and the like...

(of course, my dogs are named Lily and Lucy and the cat is Max the Cat so it didn't really translate in my world)

I like elegant names, mine is Elizabeth Anne (silent e) and when I have a child, if it was a girl, I often wondered if I could get away with naming my girl Elizabeth Grace, or Elizabeth Alexandria, not after myself, but because I really like the name.

My adopted daughters names are Cheyenne and Calusa after Native American tribes. At first I thought Calusa was really strange, but it soooooo fits her (she's unique) and it sounds so pretty, everyone we meet likes it. (at least to our face!)

I also like the name Jadeene, Josie, Josephine...................

I named my daughter Brandilynn Patricia and she has recently (she's 29 now) informed me that she hated me all the way thru the first few years of school learning to write it becasue they make the kids write out their whole names!
here's a few I like:
Vanessa, Hermione, Caleigh, Melinda, Leilani, Malama,
Miranda.

If my sons had been girls they would have been Emma, a favorite of mine. Or they would have been Bronwen after my grandmother, but Bronwen Marquardt would be a mouthful.

I also like

Rose (but not neccesarily a strong name)
Isabelle
Elena
Beryl
Gwen
Chloe
Sophia
Sarah

I'm partial to what I think of as NPR names, something that would sound good in this sentence "this is ________ _________ reporting" So no Brandi, Bambi, Summer, Skye, Ashleigh for me.

Oops, already have an Isabelle.

Last edited:
I like old names.........all my children are named either a family member or dear old friend...... my Kenneth was Emily until the day he was born..........he turned upside down and into a boy.A good thing too. I wanted no more girls.haha....... I was fortunate enough to have 2 of each.my sisters had 5 and 6 boys before the girls showed up......... I wish you the best........your hubby needs a boy to have at least one on his side during high school years
big_smile.png
my poor dad had 6 girls worth of makeup and nylons for so many years.only 3 boys in our group.

Last edited:
Wow! I have no idea if it's a boy or a girl. I am terrible at guessing Boy or Girl like that.
tongue.png
A few of my favorite girl names are Katie, Hope, Ruth, Audrey, and Aubrey. A few of my favorite boy names are Noah, Mark, Matthew, Judd, Aaron, Ace, Coby, and Alex. Congratulations on your new baby!!! I am so happy for you!
hugs.gif

Last edited:
do somthing scandanavian Briggita or briddget or olga (actualy these are all names that I am saving for when I have dairy goats so don't use them) LOL JK
If I have a daughter (no time in the forciable future) I want to name her molly after my aunt who passed away several years ago. All the good boy names in out family are already taken so I think I would just mabe use josh or zach for my son.

henry

I'm guessing boy. I was going to name dd Jackson Carter but she is Olivia Claire. If I had been able to have another girl she was going to be Miranda Wynn. I have SUCH a huge family that trying to find a name that isn't already picked and sounds decent is a job to do. I wanted her to have an old name and one that wasn't on the top of the baby names list, then lo and behold Olivia and Claire turned out to be top names the year she was born. I also love flowers and have a lot of flower gardens and we told my mother in law we were naming dd, Gladiola Rose and calling her Gladdy, up until dd was born. LOL. My mother in law thought that was HORRIBLE!!!! What's strange is, after all that time of picking on my MIL, I kinda thought that name was cute!!!!!!LOL!!!!

Kaneke. Saw the post referencing the name "candy" Reminds me of a friend who uses that name instead of her real name. Can you believe her real name is "Candida"? No wonder she never uses her real name.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom