Will lowering the humidity make the air sack bigger?

Katechicklady2000

In the Brooder
Apr 8, 2024
My eggs are 5 days from lock down and their egg sack is still very small. Should I lower the humidity level for a few days to see if it will get bigger?

Any rough idea how long it will take to get to where it should be? They are geese eggs and are currently showing around day 10 to 15 and today is day 20 being in the incubator.

Any rough idea how long it will take to get to where it should be? They are geese eggs and are currently showing around day 10 to 15 and today is day 20 being in the incubator.
what species? duck? I don't know how it will turn out, just whatever you do don't add any more water. try as low humidity as possible. keep monitoring the air pockets.

Geese, American buffs. Thank you! I unhooked the water today but now I'm panicking. This is my first time incubating anything

The humidity is currently at 45% I had water hooked up and it was mid 50s
I emptied the water that was in it too so I'm hoping it's lower tomorrow

Attachments

• 20240408_225148.jpg
    20240408_225148.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 1
yeah,you might want it to be more like 30
Thank you. If I don't add any more water and the humidity doesn't lower tomorrow should I open the little air vent thing? Would that even help? I don't want it to effect the temperature. I'm hoping there's enough time to turn this around where they are a larger breed I'm hoping they hatch around the 30 day mark.

Back
Top Bottom