Will my Ameraucanas ever lay?

PopPop63

Chirping
Jan 14, 2024
Dang birds are stubborn lol . I got them as 5 month olds on Feb 9 2024 . I counted the weeks and its 24 weeks now and no sign of laying. They are bigger now though and if you place your hand on their backs they will submit. Except the Rooster, Buddy Ebson, He doesn't really like it lol

Well you've only had them 20 days. Hens can take longer than that to settle in. The days are getting longer so there's lots of incentive for them to start laying in the next month or two. Some hens wait until they're 8-10 months old, but it's not likely to be every hen. My pure Ameraucana usually lay by 6 months old.

Well you've only had them 20 days. Hens can take longer than that to settle in. The days are getting longer so there's lots of incentive for them to start laying in the next month or two. Some hens wait until they're 8-10 months old, but it's not likely to be every hen. My pure Ameraucana usually lay by 6 months old.
they seem to be settled pretty good , they follow me around and come running if they see me walking toward them with almost anything in my hands lol they don't hop in my lap or anything though lol my buff orpington hen is laying an almost egg a day all month (she missed the 26th).

Back
Top Bottom