Will my EE's lay blue eggs? pics

luvmy33chicks

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 19, 2011
Long Island
Was told these 3 were Ameraucana's. They were bought from a hatchery and i adopted them. I am aware they are EE's. I would like to know what the lighter ones color is called and if they will lay blue eggs. They hatched in April and still no eggs as far as I know unless they are laying brown like some of my other girls. No squatting yet either. Although 1 was checking out the nesting boxes yesterday

This is the light colored one. single combkind of green/slate colored legs
104144_easter_egger_hens_november_011.jpg

this one has greenish legs and pea type comb
104144_easter_egger_hens_november_010.jpg

this one has slate legs and single comb
104144_easter_egger_hens_november_012.jpg

I cannot see the comb on teh first bird-but she appears to be an EE--if they have pea combs -they all should lay colored eggs-should being the key word...

Getting a first egg from an Easter Egger is a bit like opening a Christmas present. You see the pretty package but you just don't know what's inside until you open it.
smile.png
In my experience, Easter Eggers are often slow to mature, like Ameraucanas. I have EE's and Ameraucanas that aren't laying at 30-weeks!

Quote:
the first one has a regular single comb and no beard
the other 2 ones comb is single but kind of thick and one has the pea comb

The first one you will get a brown egg from-the other two -colored eggs--They have pea combs-one just has a bigger raised one...

EE's are created in many different ways-when they hatch-all straight combed ones will produce brown eggers-all pea combs-colored eggs. There is less than a 3% chance of getting a colored egg laid from a hen with a straight comb-but it does happen...

Quote:
the first one has a regular single comb and no beard
the other 2 ones comb is single but kind of thick and one has the pea comb

The first one you will get a brown egg from-the other two -colored eggs--They have pea combs-one just has a bigger raised one...

EE's are created in many different ways-when they hatch-all straight combed ones will produce brown eggers-all pea combs-colored eggs. There is less than a 3% chance of getting a colored egg laid from a hen with a straight comb-but it does happen...

thank you very much for the information
brought my hopes up in finding that first blue/green egg

Back
Top Bottom