Will my geese of different breeds mate?

Hadassah14

Hatching
May 13, 2023
I have four young geese. Two white ones (either Embens or white Chinese) that I am 80% sure both females when I vented them. Then two grey that I'm not sure what breed they are (I'd love help identifying them) one that is grey with a yellow/tan bill then the other has a black bill. The black bill was also a female when I vented her, the other was a couple weeks old and had a hard time trying to vent him but he is double the size and already seems protective (finally) of the three others again my ferocious little silkies that torment them. The goslings came from Hoover Hatchery.

Sorry for the rambling, now for my original question. If we indeed have three females and one male will that cause issues when are mature and looking for a mate. Will I need to find a more males (if they are indeed females) once I know for sure that they are males or females? Or will everyone be satisfied with more females to males?
IMG_20230527_224349_106.jpg
IMG_20230531_164827429_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230531_164823219_HDR.jpg

Beautiful babies!
the grey with the black bill is either an African or brown Chinese. The other grey is either a toulouse or pilgrim.

As for if they’ll breed, yes… most likely.
Geese are highly individualistic so sometimes you can’t tell what dynamic will arise, but generally if they’re raised together that gives them a head start at getting along. Some ganders do prefer only one mate, and the other girls will become background characters in his and his chosen girl‘s romcom, other ganders might have a favorite but will still breed with 3 to 8 other females, in rare cases more! “The Gigachad owned by @ColtHandorf is an example of one of those!”

I have four young geese. Two white ones (either Embens or white Chinese) that I am 80% sure both females when I vented them. Then two grey that I'm not sure what breed they are (I'd love help identifying them) one that is grey with a yellow/tan bill then the other has a black bill. The black bill was also a female when I vented her, the other was a couple weeks old and had a hard time trying to vent him but he is double the size and already seems protective (finally) of the three others again my ferocious little silkies that torment them. The goslings came from Hoover Hatchery.

Sorry for the rambling, now for my original question. If we indeed have three females and one male will that cause issues when are mature and looking for a mate. Will I need to find a more males (if they are indeed females) once I know for sure that they are males or females? Or will everyone be satisfied with more females to males? View attachment 3528011View attachment 3528029View attachment 3528030
Beautiful picture, geese are so inquisitive.

Back
Top Bottom