Will somebody please tell my DH.......

65browneyes

Songster
12 Years
Mar 2, 2007
Arizona
.....that it's okay to go to a different feed store 3 days in a row and bring home an animal from each one?? LOL

Tuesday, I found this.....

Babies004-1.jpg

That's Chuck, he's a beautiful velveteen boy.

Wednesday, I found a year old Ameracauna who lays gorgeous green/blue eggs. I'll have to get a pic of her tomorrow. She's Smelly Shelly 'cuz she couldn't "hold it" in the car.

Then, today, I found these.......

Babies002.jpg

3 White Crested Black Polish (my son's dream......an "Afro-Chicken" LOL). There's Nobby in the back, others to be named later.

Course, we also have these from a couple weeks ago......

Babies003.jpg

We have Gabby and Rhett (I'm pretty sure this isn't Rose), RIR's. Petunia and Iris, the BO's. Then, there's Mabel, Alice, and Grace, the Leghorns.

Here they are when we got them.....

Babies001.jpg

I also have mama Marilyn sitting on 6 eggs. I'm not sure Sparky has had any success with the ladies, but we'll see. Shelly has laid twice for me (once in the box on the way home yesterday), so I put both her eggs under Marilyn. Guess I'll know in 3 weeks if ANY of the eggs are fertile.

DH threatened to take away my debit card today. I think he's just afraid I'm going to ask him to build another expansion. Hey.................now that I think about it...........I'll be special ordering Blue Cochins next year, and maybe ducks.............hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Wow what cuties, I'm jealous. Our TSC has been getting only meat birds in. They were supposed to get some ducks but they haven't got any in yet. What excuse are you using on DH in order for you to have to go to the feed store so often? I may need an excuse.
gig.gif

HEY DH.... it's okay to go to a different feed store 3 days in a row and bring home an animal from each one.

It is perfectly normal, acceptable and to be expected too.
big_smile.png

Hope that helps. Cute bunny and nice polish. I almost brought 2 home last week...but they were roo's so I was able to JUST SAY NO!
lol.png

Last edited:
3 feed stores in 3 days was because;

#1, I went to see about cochins. Had ds with me. Need I say more there?? LOL

#2, Driving by feed store, this time with my mother who insists I MUST stop to see the red chickens out front. Lo and behold, there's this Ameracauna.

#3, New feed store (my cat food supplier) to check there for cochins and to get cat food. No cochins, and I forgot the cat food so I had to go back today. Once again, I had ds with me.

Which reminds me, the only reason I have 3 leghorns is because I had 11 year old dd with me giving me the sad face that day.

So, the bottom line is............none of these babies coming home with me has been MY fault. I'm completely innocent in all this. Too bad DH went to bed already or I could tell him! LOL Thanks for the help, everybody!!!!

I'm hoping for no Polish roos, too. I already have sweet Sparky, the silkie roo and I am sure the one little RIR is a roo as well. I did check their wings, and they look very pullet-ish. Fingers are crossed here.

Now, I'm worried. DH took DS #2 to a gun show today. Do you think it's true what they say about paybacks?? I hope he left the card at home...... LOL

Yeah...DH got really annoyed with me, and he found ONE feed store that has all the various kinds of animal feed we need, and they do not ever sell livestock in the store. The most they do is put up a bulletin board for people who wish to post a notice about livestock. So there's no temptation. I'm only allowed to go there.

The owner of that store told me he got sick of selling Easter chicks and people bringing them back a few weeks later when they were no longer cute. So he stopped getting livestock at all. Maybe he should have gotten only Cornish X and put on the returns policy that they can't be returned for 2 months, but if buyers wish to return the birds at that time they are free to do so...

Back
Top Bottom