1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Will they be friends

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by buffslat, Jul 10, 2011.

1. buffslat

buffslat Out Of The Brooder

Jul 8, 2011
    Southeast Missouri
    It has recently been confirmed that I have two roos. Disappointing since I bought my BR from a pullet run. http://photobucket.com/slatpics I'm wondering will I have to split these guys up down the road or will they get along ok since they have been raised together?

2. Frost Homestead

Frost Homestead eggmonger

Jul 9, 2011
    Lago Vista, TX
    They should get along ok because they were raised together. My two EE roosters are inseparable. Best thing is to just wait and see.

3. turbodog

turbodog Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Independence, La.
    How many hens do you have? If there's not enough to go around, they'll probably fight.

4. buffslat

buffslat Out Of The Brooder

Jul 8, 2011
    Southeast Missouri
    I only have one hen at the moment. I was hoping for 3. They are in different runs, but are next to each other.

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] They may or may not get a long. It depends upon the individual roosters. Guaranteed 2 roosters and 1 hen will not work. They will stress her and probably cause physical damage to her through gang breeding.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by