Will they have issues?

NCchickentender

Songster
Mar 14, 2023
So last week a couple of large dogs came to my house and killed my entire flock of chickens. They ripped the gate off a 10x10 dog kennel! Just killed them and left them laying...!!! Animal control has traps set up and I've been hunting but that's a different story. Anyway... I had surgery a few weeks ago so hubby was in charge of the animals and eggs. By the grace of God or my hubby's chronic procrastination, I have 13 eggs in the bator. I have no idea how old they are but I candled them tonight and I can see veins in all of them.

Y'all think these eggs will make it? There's no telling how old they are. Do y'all think the chicks will have issues because the eggs were old? I'm just hoping I can have a part of my girls and roo back

So last week a couple of large dogs came to my house and killed my entire flock of chickens. They ripped the gate off a 10x10 dog kennel! Just killed them and left them laying...!!! Animal control has traps set up and I've been hunting but that's a different story. Anyway... I had surgery a few weeks ago so hubby was in charge of the animals and eggs. By the grace of God or my hubby's chronic procrastination, I have 13 eggs in the bator. I have no idea how old they are but I candled them tonight and I can see veins in all of them.

Y'all think these eggs will make it? There's no telling how old they are. Do y'all think the chicks will have issues because the eggs were old? I'm just hoping I can have a part of my girls and roo back
They should make it if they are showing veins but there is always quitters so some might not. But the eggs shouldn’t have problems just because they are old you can store eggs 10 days before incubation and they’ll be fine after 10 days the fertility drops so if they are showing life they are fine the boldness will not hurt them. I hope your hatch goes good and I’m sorry to hear about your flock.

Y'all think these eggs will make it? There's no telling how old they are. Do y'all think the chicks will have issues because the eggs were old? I'm just hoping I can have a part of my girls and roo back.
Sure they can make it. Lucky 13. So glad you have eggs from the ones u lost to incubate. If you are seeing veins that's a great sign. Means they are not 2 old to develop and hatch. You Shouldn't have issues as long as they keep developing and no drastic changes to incubator temp and humidity. Whenever u candled them was the air sac round and on tip of bigger end of egg? If so that's good

They should make it if they are showing veins but there is always quitters so some might not. But the eggs shouldn’t have problems just because they are old you can store eggs 10 days before incubation and they’ll be fine after 10 days the fertility drops so if they are showing life they are fine the boldness will not hurt them. I hope your hatch goes good and I’m sorry to hear about your flock.
Thanks!

Sure they can make it. Lucky 13. So glad you have eggs from the ones u lost to incubate. If you are seeing veins that's a great sign. Means they are not 2 old to develop and hatch. You Shouldn't have issues as long as they keep developing and no drastic changes to incubator temp and humidity. Whenever u candled them was the air sac round and on tip of bigger end of egg? If so that's good
Thank you! I was so happy to find those eggs!! All but one was round and they all were on the big end. The air sac on the odd one wasn't too mis-shaped but it is different. I traced all the air sacs with a pencil.

Back
Top Bottom