Will this type of egg fertilize or hatch?

I'vegotchickenfever

Songster
10 Years
Mar 10, 2009
Northwest Florida
A friend of ours gave us 2 dom hens and a dom roo during the time we were gathering eggs for our first hatch.
smile.png
We put a few of them in the bator and a couple of days later, during breakfast, we noticed that the dom eggs have blood stringing through them, in the white, too.
sickbyc.gif
No, they're not meat spots. We didn't candle the eggs, and are wondering - will these even hatch? Are they defective?
hmm.png
Are the hens too old? We've had several of the other eggs hatch, and are on day 23 - no doms yets. Thanks so much in advance!!!

I am not sure, but I am wondering if it is veining, as in the eggs were partially incubated by the hens before you collected them?

I don't know...we've been collecting twice a day, or at the very least, daily. I didn't think that could happen that fast.
hmm.png

love.gif

Love my Jesus, love my church, love my family and friends, love my golden retriever, love my CHICKIES!!!

love.gif

AMEN!!!!​

Last edited:
Candle the eggs at 7 days, yes they can hatch. If the eggs were gather daily then the blood was from the hen. Call a blood spot, yes you can eat them if cooked well. Like eating chicken there is alway a little chicken blood in the meat.

Back
Top Bottom