1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Will this work?

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by Trefoil, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Trefoil

Trefoil Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2011
    For the winter I am going to house my 2 pair of yearling peas. The pen will be circular 35' diameter with a 12 x 12 run in shed attached. I would like to have either 1.) a pair of spotted australian ducks 2.) 5 or 6 guineas or 3.)some chickens share their space. Will this work? Which would be the best fit?

2. Whittni

Whittni Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Southern Utah
    I think guineas would get along best with the peacocks.

1 person likes this.
  3. Yoda

Yoda Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Shady Hills, FL
    No they do not. I had my guineas and the males attack the peafowl, actually they attacked everything in the pen except Jackson the blind peacock. I have chickens and ducks in my peapen and have no issues. The peas and ducks do not bother each other, but the peas will bother the chickens esp roosters.

4. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    I guess it depends on the birds... My adult peas live with adult guineas and there are no issues.

-Kathy

5. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    This is true.. mine free range together no problems but I had one male that decided that he wanted to terrorize my Master.P when he was a baby so every time he would harass Master I would catch him and put him in jail. after two time in lockup the jail bird finely learned.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Angelicisi

Angelicisi Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2013
    Baton Rouge area
    My Coop
    Hahahaha I love the last pic!

7. Trefoil

Trefoil Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2011
    The pics are great. Thanks for sharing your experiences. Everybody free ranges together with no/little problem, I am just a little concerned with them being forced in close quarters. So I guess I'll try the ducks first and just keep an eye out for any problems. I'll have to have a water source up high so the peas have access to clean water.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by