Wilton Method Cake Decorating

Yes a bachlorette party !! I have a hundred or more pictures !! I love it and it gives me some spending money since I am a stay at home Mom with an expensive chicken habit !!

Newnanchic... Cool, I was right!!
smile.png
So...how many Silkies do people trade you for a cake?
lau.gif

Angie... Your cake:
th.gif
bow.gif
That looks like something people would pay a TON to have. I love the all-white color scheme. Sooo beautiful...

Quote:
I used to use the powdered sugar from Sam's Club. One time I had a huge cake project and the frosting just would not come out right. The taste and texture was awful. You could literally taste the cornstarch! It was the powdered sugar from Sam's. I had used it for years... I don't know if I just got a bad batch or what.....
I went back to Dominoes brand.

Quote:
I used to use the powdered sugar from Sam's Club. One time I had a huge cake project and the frosting just would not come out right. The taste and texture was awful. You could literally taste the cornstarch! It was the powdered sugar from Sam's. I had used it for years... I don't know if I just got a bad batch or what.....
I went back to Dominoes brand.

yikes! mine always tastes great.

those cakes are lovely!

Today, I went to Hobby Lobby today and bought a cartload of Wilton stuff. I had the 40% off coupon so I saved $56 on a decorating set with a tool caddy. (My mom has something similar, which I have envied for a while
wink.png
). Now I have everything I need tool-wise for the this class and the next two classes if I decide to take those.

DH couldn't wait for the weekend because I told him I would work on a "practice cake," just to figure everything out that I learned on Wednesday. He picked out a cake mix while we were grocery shopping last weekend, and when I pulled it out of the cupboard this evening, I realized it was sugar free. He can't have Splenda for medical reasons, so we had to toss that one and I sent him off to the store to find another cake mix. He found FOUR mixes and brought them home.
gig.gif
I guess there was a sale. (Do your DHs ever do things like that?
smile.png
).

I am using a "classic white" cake mix with French vanilla pudding in the mix. The plan is to divide the cake into two layers, fill with vanilla pudding, and make almond/vanilla icing tinted purple (DH's favorite color). I can't make any fancy flowers or borders yet, so this cake will be plain. However, I think DH will care less what it looks like as long as it tastes good!
smile.png

All these cakes are beautiful. If I still ate cake I'd be drooling right now.

brought them home. I guess there was a sale. (Do your DHs ever do things like that? ).

This sounds exactly like my dh. His motto when shopping is "if one is good, two is better." lol

Your practice cake sounds like it's going to be yummy.​

Back
Top Bottom