Wind River Healthcare and their Hatching Activity....

love.gif

Love the pic of Betty and Goldie! Very cute
jumpy.gif

Just be careful with the newspaper in the brooder- chicks can get splayed legs. You are better off putting some paper towels under them. Pine shavings is great also.

Trish

my previous experience with pine-shavings is that the chicks start digging in it and the water and food will be covered in pine shavings....3 more hatched today....will keep the incubator on till friday hoping more will hatch.....It looks like no Welsummers came out to hatch...I'm just a little bummed about that since I love that breed...

Yay!!! Congratulations!!!! I'm glad you got a good hatch. I'd leave the welsummers in another day or two, who knows, maybe they'll hatch late.

I also agree that it'd be good to use old towels or pine shavings in the brooder. I had a chick with a splayed leg once and it was awful.

my previous experience with pine-shavings is that the chicks start digging in it and the water and food will be covered in pine shavings....3 more hatched today....will keep the incubator on till friday hoping more will hatch.....It looks like no Welsummers came out to hatch...I'm just a little bummed about that since I love that breed...

I had the same experience with the pine shavings... it was a pain cleaning out the water and food multiple times a day. Never had any splayed leg though. Anyhow, thanks for the pics... they're so cute!!!

Minnie 99yrs old with Cindy on of our staff members and one of our FBCM chicks
Minnie,:" so, can I take that one to my room!?"

Since monday Morning we had 17 eggs hatch out completely...we'll wait till friday and see if more eggs will hatch..
The count as far is 3 speckled bantam EE's, 2 Wheaten Ameraucana's, 1 Lavender Ameraucana, 1 Odd ball black with only cheeks red and almosta top hat, 10 Black Copper Marans (as far as I can see since they are chicks)
More pics to come

Wonderful Feike! Looks like you did a great job hatching those eggs. I loved reading those stories on here so far. I hope they enjoy watching them grow as well as they enjoy the chicks?
Keep up the great work! The world needs more people like you!
Thanks
Marsha AKA as Egg-cellent

Back
Top Bottom