Wind River Healthcare and their Hatching Activity....

Feike

Songster
8 Years
Aug 8, 2011
Lander, Wyoming
4-4-12 the first eggs arrived..... (they are so colorful....a wide variety of colours) Our residents have mainly been farmers and ranchers...the youngest resident is 50 and oldest will be 105 yrs old in a week and half....
This Hatching activity is gonna be a great event and hopefully we'll have a better hatching rate then last year which the residents loved... I'll keep everyone updated about the new happenings in the upcoming month....I have more eggs to come....

edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator:
goodpost.gif

I LOVE THIS, GOOD FOR YOU TO DO THIS FOR THEM!!!!!!!!
thumbsup.gif
I WILL BE FOLLOWING THIS ONE FOR SURE!!!!!!!!
ya.gif
AND YES YOU CAN SEE IN THE EGGS AT DAY 7 BUT IT DEPENDS ON HOW DARK THE EGGS ARE!
hide.gif

Oh, one more thing! you said that you are going to lay the eggs down on the side, not a good idea because of the way they have been siting up for 18 days. if you put the eggs down on the side they will have problems trying to hatch out, I know because I have the same incubator you do and what I do to keep the eggs in the same position is...... I put them in egg cartons so they will have no problems hatching out! I tried keeping the eggs in the turner but the chicks legs got stuck in the turner, so I use egg cartons now and no problems with chicks hatching out and the eggs don't get rolled aound too.

Yep, you can candle anytime up to day 18 or 19. I'd candle a little earlier, then toss out the duds. I think it's better to let them hatch laying on their sides, but I don't have the same kind of incubator as you, so I don't have practical experience with it.

Besides, I definitely want you to candle so I can hear how they're developing.

Wow......thank you guys.....Monday is candling day then!
Great info , thanks!
So an egg carton doesn't cause an issue for them to get stuck while hatching?
The manual of the incubator said that the chick will turn itself in the right position in those 3 days when you put it on it's side.....
Where is the area the chicks dry off then if they hatch in the egg carton?
How long will you have to have the hatched out chicks in the incubator to dry off untill you can put them in the brooder?
I think last year quite an amount of eggs didn't hatch due to temperature and humidity changes because we took the chicks out within 10 minutes of drying off.
So many questions!

hey it's good to ask questions!
big_smile.png
OK first, no they do not get stuck while hatching because there nowhere for them to get stuck in. # 2. LEAVE and I mean LEAVE the chicks in the incubator! they need to full dry out before you take them out and you don't want to lose the ones that are hatching out! hope this answers your questions!! I will keep my eye on you and if you have more questions then you can PM ME!
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom