Wind River Healthcare and their Hatching Activity....

I LOVE THIS, GOOD FOR YOU TO DO THIS FOR THEM!!!!!!!!
thumbsup.gif
I WILL BE FOLLOWING THIS ONE FOR SURE!!!!!!!!
ya.gif
AND YES YOU CAN SEE IN THE EGGS AT DAY 7 BUT IT DEPENDS ON HOW DARK THE EGGS ARE!
hide.gif

Oh, one more thing! you said that you are going to lay the eggs down on the side, not a good idea because of the way they have been siting up for 18 days. if you put the eggs down on the side they will have problems trying to hatch out, I know because I have the same incubator you do and what I do to keep the eggs in the same position is...... I put them in egg cartons so they will have no problems hatching out! I tried keeping the eggs in the turner but the chicks legs got stuck in the turner, so I use egg cartons now and no problems with chicks hatching out and the eggs don't get rolled aound too.

Yep, you can candle anytime up to day 18 or 19. I'd candle a little earlier, then toss out the duds. I think it's better to let them hatch laying on their sides, but I don't have the same kind of incubator as you, so I don't have practical experience with it.

Besides, I definitely want you to candle so I can hear how they're developing.

Wow......thank you guys.....Monday is candling day then!
Great info , thanks!
So an egg carton doesn't cause an issue for them to get stuck while hatching?
The manual of the incubator said that the chick will turn itself in the right position in those 3 days when you put it on it's side.....
Where is the area the chicks dry off then if they hatch in the egg carton?
How long will you have to have the hatched out chicks in the incubator to dry off untill you can put them in the brooder?
I think last year quite an amount of eggs didn't hatch due to temperature and humidity changes because we took the chicks out within 10 minutes of drying off.
So many questions!

Wow......thank you guys.....Monday is candling day then!
Great info , thanks!
So an egg carton doesn't cause an issue for them to get stuck while hatching?
The manual of the incubator said that the chick will turn itself in the right position in those 3 days when you put it on it's side.....
Where is the area the chicks dry off then if they hatch in the egg carton?
How long will you have to have the hatched out chicks in the incubator to dry off untill you can put them in the brooder?
I think last year quite an amount of eggs didn't hatch due to temperature and humidity changes because we took the chicks out within 10 minutes of drying off.
So many questions!

hey it's good to ask questions!
big_smile.png
OK first, no they do not get stuck while hatching because there nowhere for them to get stuck in. # 2. LEAVE and I mean LEAVE the chicks in the incubator! they need to full dry out before you take them out and you don't want to lose the ones that are hatching out! hope this answers your questions!! I will keep my eye on you and if you have more questions then you can PM ME!
frow.gif

Man.......those Maran eggs are difficult to candle....the residents and I got together in a dark very dark room to candle the eggs and it seems that out of 42 eggs 10 eggs didn't show an embryo in it...we are soooo excited to see those chicks!

This is so wonderful that you are doing this for the residents. I think a phone call to the Lander paper, the Riverton Ranger and to the CST is in order! I think this could be a wonderful Sunday edition feature article. Can't wait to see more pictures! :) Keep up the good work. Your facility sounds like a great place to be. The residents of Lander are lucky to have you!

12 peeps have hatched in 24 hrs....2 eggs have cracks but not developingover the last 2hrs or so.......so I took the 12 out and are in the brooder (I have the feeling I did something wrong .....it took me less then a minute but I have the feeling the humidity in the incubator and temp changed....not sure if this would change the hatchability)....many residents and staff visit the little ones with big smiles on their faces.....should I just wait and see if more peeps are going to make it or not?! what is the chance more are going to make it?! pics will be coming soon!

12 peeps have hatched in 24 hrs....2 eggs have cracks but not developingover the last 2hrs or so.......so I took the 12 out and are in the brooder (I have the feeling I did something wrong .....it took me less then a minute but I have the feeling the humidity in the incubator and temp changed....not sure if this would change the hatchability)....many residents and staff visit the little ones with big smiles on their faces.....should I just wait and see if more peeps are going to make it or not?! what is the chance more are going to make it?! pics will be coming soon!

It could compromise the ones with cracks but the other un pipped eggs will be ok- as long as humidity and temp are back up. Yes, leave them be- plenty can still hatch!!! Eggs develop differently depending on age of egg, breed etc. etc. So some can and probably will still hatch.

Did any of mine make it out yet?

Can't wait for pics
big_smile.png

Trish

Back
Top Bottom