Wind River Healthcare and their Hatching Activity....

Feike

Songster
8 Years
Aug 8, 2011
Lander, Wyoming
4-4-12 the first eggs arrived..... (they are so colorful....a wide variety of colours) Our residents have mainly been farmers and ranchers...the youngest resident is 50 and oldest will be 105 yrs old in a week and half....
This Hatching activity is gonna be a great event and hopefully we'll have a better hatching rate then last year which the residents loved... I'll keep everyone updated about the new happenings in the upcoming month....I have more eggs to come....

edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator:
All the eggs arrived....yeah!
Welsummers, Maran's, Ameraucana's, Bantam Ameraucana's(I think) Couple Olive eggers ready to be put in an incubator and to be hatched!
The residents are gonna love it!

edited by staff

Hi Sphinx,
When the eggs hatch the chicks will be at the nursing home under the brooder lamp for several weeks....after that they'll be walking around on my tiny 2 acres of land where they can roam around and pick up as many grashoppers as they want (and a ton of those we've gotten over the amount of years) The resident will visit the chickens when the weather permits and feed them, hold them and pick the eggs up so they can give it to their staff.......they love to see the chickens grow....give them names, adopt them LOL and all other fun...
Most of our residents lived on ranches and farms and are missing the rural country with all their animals...

goodpost.gif

Thank You BJ....
Last year we had a try out and the residents LOVED it!!!
This year most of them new what to expect (or maybe already forgot LOL) and they are sooo thrilled ....every day they go by and peek through the little windows to see if something is going on....next to that I have educational sheets that get changed very day that show the daily progress in the egg...
Just wondering since the egg is so dark how do you candle those eggs....can you candle them like regulair eggs?(do you see anything since the shell is so dark?)

edited by staff

Back
Top Bottom