Wind River Healthcare and their Hatching Activity....

The Residents are loving the incubator and all the posters hanging around giving them the count of days.....they are soooo excited to see the little peeps...
But they also tell me.....that the wait is worth it....
The incubator this year is doing a way better job staying on 99.5 F, now we need to train the staff to read the signs (DO NOT OPEN THE BLINDS>>>>>EGGS ARE SENSITIVE TO DIRECT SUNLIGHT!) I asked the Residents to kick some butt if they see any staff member opening the blinds the next time
barnie.gif
!!!

Excited about tomorrow's 105th birthday of one of our residents.....she is a big chicken lover btw...
Many political figures and people in the community will visit the birthday party and probably will take a peek in the incubator..

One of our Senators came to visit the building...ofcourse for Mary's 105th Birthday and visited the incubator ....he loved the idea...
Mary after the Party....."well I had my party that was great ....when will those chicks have their birthday party!?"

I'm way toooooo anxious to candle these eggs ....but I think I have to, so enough eggs can lay flat when they hatch.....are you able to candle anytime in between day 7 and 19?

Wow......thank you guys.....Monday is candling day then!
Great info , thanks!
So an egg carton doesn't cause an issue for them to get stuck while hatching?
The manual of the incubator said that the chick will turn itself in the right position in those 3 days when you put it on it's side.....
Where is the area the chicks dry off then if they hatch in the egg carton?
How long will you have to have the hatched out chicks in the incubator to dry off untill you can put them in the brooder?
I think last year quite an amount of eggs didn't hatch due to temperature and humidity changes because we took the chicks out within 10 minutes of drying off.
So many questions!

Man.......those Maran eggs are difficult to candle....the residents and I got together in a dark very dark room to candle the eggs and it seems that out of 42 eggs 10 eggs didn't show an embryo in it...we are soooo excited to see those chicks!

12 peeps have hatched in 24 hrs....2 eggs have cracks but not developingover the last 2hrs or so.......so I took the 12 out and are in the brooder (I have the feeling I did something wrong .....it took me less then a minute but I have the feeling the humidity in the incubator and temp changed....not sure if this would change the hatchability)....many residents and staff visit the little ones with big smiles on their faces.....should I just wait and see if more peeps are going to make it or not?! what is the chance more are going to make it?! pics will be coming soon!

Back
Top Bottom