Wind River Healthcare and their Hatching Activity....

Yay, we are getting new eggs and hopefully can forget what happened at the fair.....the residents are looking so forward to the new hatch, I can't wait either to be honest...keep your eyes open since we are hoping to start incubating the beginning of next week...

Yay, we are getting new eggs and hopefully can forget what happened at the fair.....the residents are looking so forward to the new hatch, I can't wait either to be honest...keep your eyes open since we are hoping to start incubating the beginning of next week...

I can't believe no one stepped up with those chickens.

Are you hatching eggs this fall? I'm thinking of seeing if I can't do this this coming spring in a nursing home near us. I think it would make a great 4-h project.

I can't believe no one stepped up with those chickens.
Are you hatching eggs this fall? I'm thinking of seeing if I can't do this this coming spring in a nursing home near us. I think it would make a great 4-h project.
Love the idea....intergenerational and for both educational and fun!
Come and visit my nursing home!
Yes we'll have it around fall time....I know it normally isn't the season of hatching chicks...but the residents needed some distraction related to their loss of chickens...

Ready for a new hatch in a month or so...the last hatch in August ended up with a 0% ratio....hopefully this time it'll go well...allthough I have no budget for a new/2nd hand incubator that will take over the job of my LG...

You inspired me to do this at a nursing home near me. I start the 7th of April. Mine will be a 4-h project. It has grown bigger than I wanted it to already. I bought a ecoglow brooded to brood the chicks for the days they will be in the home.

Good luck to you :)

You inspired me to do this at a nursing home near me. I start the 7th of April. Mine will be a 4-h project. It has grown bigger than I wanted it to already. I bought a ecoglow brooded to brood the chicks for the days they will be in the home.

Good luck to you
smile.png

Awesome I hope all goes well, keep me updated and please post anything you are allowed and able to post..

I just thought I'd let you know that we are setting chicken eggs at the nursing home tomorrow. We have 3 duck eggs set already. It was wonderful to see the interaction between the kids and the elderly.

So good to hear that there is a nursing home in Montana and a group of 4-H willing to do a project like this...
Any life visible in the duck eggs?
We received a donated incubator (R-com) very fancy and tomorrow the eggs will go on lock down.....they are so excited!

Back
Top Bottom