Windmill to power a coop fan - off the grid??

I started to plant trees already.. but they will be little help for this summer... and the bushes in the run are a great idea. As for 'reconstructing' the coop - I like those ideas.. will just have to figure out what works best ..

I am very picky about the way this looks as you can see our coop right when you come into the farm drive. Right now, only the back side of the coop is open to the run.. so if I open the side, I will also have to reroute our fence. I could though - just create a hinged opening on the North facing side with a "wire window" so the air can come in.. but keep the predators at bay while keeping the chickens in the coop.. and then I could close it in the winter.

You can have an attic vent without solar fan. The link I reply earlier is not powered, and I know it works extremly well. a friend has couple on a garage addition and is an excellent passive vent that will create suction (for lack of better term) and keep hot air out, with only a window open. vent heat out roof, to keep cool.

TNT

Back
Top Bottom