windy, low humidity, dry, and add bees to the mix...

kareninthesun

Songster
8 Years
Jul 1, 2011
Oh boy, an elderly woman was not aware that thousands of bees had taken up residence in the walls of her home. She was out walking her three dogs and was attacked. One of the dogs died. They don't know yet if the bees are the African Killer variety. Made me think that maybe we should be a little more proactive towards our elderly neighbors and engage them in conversations, see if they need their lawns mowed, plants trimmed, check on access points for bees. I remember when I was young, we went to my Great-aunt's 'ranch' and the first day we could hear bees in the walls (she was hard of hearing and didn't believe us). Dad and his brother smoked them out, and had to remove/fix a wall. But it was taken care of.

It is soooo dry out here. Driving north, towards Riverside, it is scary dry. Driving inland to my favorite feed store, same issue. Lots of hills, covered in dry bush. It is supposed to be very windy. There's already been one early moring fire. My neighbor is a Fire Chief, please keep all emergency crews and their families in prayer.

I had a wasp nest living in the sewer pipes once...
hide.gif

Quote:
now THAT sounds like a good story. Just how did you realize you had wasps in the sewer? *snickers*

Quote:
now THAT sounds like a good story. Just how did you realize you had wasps in the sewer? *snickers*

The sink got plugged up and when we called to plumber for the camera we saw the wasp nest.

Quote:

The sink got plugged up and when we called to plumber for the camera we saw the wasp nest.

That's kind of wild. You wouldn't think they'd want to live in a wet sewer.

I have yellow jackets living somewhere in my walls. Once or twice each winter a couple will show up, in the house. Have never been able to find where they are.

Imp-
4.gif

Quote:

That's kind of wild. You wouldn't think they'd want to live in a wet sewer.

I have yellow jackets living somewhere in my walls. Once or twice each winter a couple will show up, in the house. Have never been able to find where they are.

Imp- http://bestsmileys.com/insects/4.gif

It became dry after awhile since the paper towels had it clogged so badly. Everytime you turned it on, the drain overflowed.
But the yellow jacket thing is scary.
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom