Kally_Zahirniak

In the Brooder
May 13, 2020
Fremont CA
Hello everyone! So my hen Mushu who is almost 8 months and laying eggs still has wing pin feathers. My other chickens who are the same age and younger are fine there wings developed perfectly. Her wings still seem to be stuck in the wax, she is very uncoordinated and has bad balance probably due to her wings. Any suggestions on how to remove the wax easily, she is squirmy and we feel bad for her.

Here

Attachments

• BB8E2E40-7753-4E19-A40F-03AAC7686EFB.jpeg
    BB8E2E40-7753-4E19-A40F-03AAC7686EFB.jpeg
    392.8 KB · Views: 17
she is very uncoordinated and has bad balance probably due to her wings.

I would assume there must be something else wrong with her, otherwise she would have taken care of these pinfeathers herself.

Did you check her closely for lice and mites, the coop too? How about her droppings? Does she have unobstructed view or is she hindered by overgrown crest feathers?

You could try to supplement with poultry vitamins (B complex + E + D3) to see if it might be caused by some deficiency.
Some birds can suffer from an innate vitamin B uptake disorder and will then have to be administered by injections at regular intervals.

I would assume there must be something else wrong with her, otherwise she would have taken care of these pinfeathers herself.

Did you check her closely for lice and mites, the coop too? How about her droppings? Does she have unobstructed view or is she hindered by overgrown crest feathers?

You could try to supplement with poultry vitamins (B complex + E + D3) to see if it might be caused by some deficiency.
Some birds can suffer from an innate vitamin B uptake disorder and will then have to be administered by injections at regular intervals.

So her feathers/fluff is not blocking her sight we turned them so she can see better. Her droppings are normal, we have not seen mites/lice on her pretty sure we would see them because she is not only black we pick them up all the time and pet them. We have not noticed anything on her. We can try the supplements how do you give them to her. Do you add them to there water like chick supplements?

So her feathers/fluff is not blocking her sight we turned them so she can see better. Her droppings are normal, we have not seen mites/lice on her pretty sure we would see them because she is not only black we pick them up all the time and pet them. We have not noticed anything on her. We can try the supplements how do you give them to her. Do you add them to there water like chick supplements?

Attachments

• 09F6861B-191D-4E40-97E9-769539CF7EC4.jpeg
    09F6861B-191D-4E40-97E9-769539CF7EC4.jpeg
    511.4 KB · Views: 11

Back
Top Bottom