Wing question?

ktduck

Chirping
6 Years
Dec 10, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
It's a night of worry for me, I think I am being ultra paranoid... But I need some piece of mind.
Francis's wings are coming through and on one side the wings are poking up. On his left side the wings are growing underneath the feathers, but on the right they are growing over the top.

Is this okay? Thank you

It's a night of worry for me, I think I am being ultra paranoid... But I need some piece of mind.
Francis's wings are coming through and on one side the wings are poking up. On his left side the wings are growing underneath the feathers, but on the right they are growing over the top.

Is this okay? Thank you
Keep an eye on it, so if it's the beginning of angel wing you can get it wrapped fast, still to early yet though. what is your protein content in their feed? although angel wing can possibly be genetic too. And since i haven't had to deal with angel wing can't help about how the one wing is growing different than the other, except just to watch closely.

Thank you miss Lydia I will keep a watchful eye on him like I always do ! He doesn't seem irritated by it , if it continues I will take him to the bird vet, I am lucky they are just around the corner , but expensive :/

I just researched angel wing, I really don't know if this is what it is but he seems to have a lot of the symptoms. If it is I want to catch or quick so I can strap him up. Sometimes the internet can really make you anxious!!

I just researched angel wing, I really don't know if this is what it is but he seems to have a lot of the symptoms. If it is I want to catch or quick so I can strap him up. Sometimes the internet can really make you anxious!!
It is something you want to catch quickly because after the primary feathers have grown in it's almost too late to correct it. Have you looked in the stickys on the duck thread there is a tutorial on wrapping angel wing.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...how-we-wrap-to-mend-it-pictorial#post_8682154

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom