Wings hanging down

Lady Lionheart

Crowing
5 Years
Jun 16, 2018
Pueblo Colorado
She's almost 11 weeks old but I've always noticed her doing this behavior. Maybe it just looks like it's worse because her feathers are longer now. The pictures don't show very good and sometimes she hangs them down a lot further. I was wondering if this is normal and also maybe because she just is growing at a faster rate? I believe she's a Welsummer. Never seen it in any other chicks but she's my only Welsummer. It's almost as if her wings are too big for her.
B43CB7CE-779A-449D-BC53-C07078C7C850.jpeg
411B0110-5B54-42FB-BE49-53006DD0C567.jpeg
F734EF33-975E-4FFD-A0C1-B3C367C1D220.jpeg

I agree, it is not normal. Has she always done this? If so, she may have a malformation of some kind, if not, it may be an injury. I would check for any wounds, but if she does it with both wings, that would be more indicative of a malformation. Frankly, I don't think it is going to be a real problem for her if it is a malformation, as long as the wings are not dragging. Can she get to the roost ok?

I agree, it is not normal. Has she always done this? If so, she may have a malformation of some kind, if not, it may be an injury. I would check for any wounds, but if she does it with both wings, that would be more indicative of a malformation. Frankly, I don't think it is going to be a real problem for her if it is a malformation, as long as the wings are not dragging. Can she get to the roost ok?
Yes she has always done this. And it is both wings. She is able to get to the roosts just fine. She doesn't seem to be in any pain.

Back
Top Bottom