Winter incubation set, anyone else!!

Mine go into lockdown today too! Good luck everyone!!!!! Finally got the hatcher regulated
fl.gif
for no temp spikes! I have Barred Rocks, Dark Brahmas and a Silver Laced Wyandotte. If they all look good today when I candle them. I had 19 last count a few days ago.

I put mine in lock down... But my temp is a little low and my humidity a litte high. I have to keep checking on it! And I'm also confused because some say day 18, and some say the last three days should be lockdown. But technically day 18 is four days before hatch day. What theory do you guys go buy?

I put mine in lock down... But my temp is a little low and my humidity a litte high. I have to keep checking on it! And I'm also confused because some say day 18, and some say the last three days should be lockdown. But technically day 18 is four days before hatch day. What theory do you guys go buy?

I do day 18 , but late.
Simple if you set you eggs 1 PM , lockdown is 8-10 PM
Temp 100 for my incubator and the humidity 45-55 incubating ,65-70 for hatching.
Hope this help

Technically mine go into lockdown tomorrow. I stop the turner on day 18 then wait until the morning of day 20 to up my humidity to 65%. I like to keep my eggs in my Octagon 20 advance ex incubator as long as possible, then put the eggs in my Genesis 1588 on day 19 for hatching. I always use egg cartons for hatching and have even had chicks pip really low and hatch upsidedown and make it out ok, it just takes them longer. I have been getting a 100% hatch rate with my own eggs
big_smile.png

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
thumbsup.gif

i have 30 due to hatch the 31... i always use the dry hatch method, then fill it up with water for lockdown......i get great hatches. really, it's what's best for you...

The dry hatch method does not work for everyone. If you live in a humid climate it is more likely to work for you than if you live in a dry climate. My Octagon 20 advance ex has the auto humidity control and the manufacturer recommends keeping the humidity at 40-45% (I keep mine at 40%) and 65% for hatching. In the dry incubation method you start your humidity out at 40% and let it fall to no less than 25%, then add water to get it back up to 40% and repeat. I find it much easier to just keep the humidity at 40%. Just be sure your hygrometer is accurate by testing it with the salt method.

Hope this helps
smile.png

Put ours into lockdown late Monday because a few of our bigger eggs looked ready. Noticed yesterday one of the barred rocks was rocking pretty hard, especially if we peeped at it. There are about 20 or so that made it this far. Two barred rocks, a giant, some partridge silkies, two bantam faverolles, two denizili long crowers, and some eggs of ours. I was hoping we may have some early hatchers, but it looks like they are going to make me wait. My son was so excited to get home from school to see if the barred had hatched. He came back into the kitchen and said it was still an egg. Soo cute :) Will post picks if and when we get our new fuzzies.

Back
Top Bottom