Winter incubation set, anyone else!!

I just put my silkies into lockdown.... I think I'm down to 5 possible eggs.... 2 of my 7 look questionable but I put them into lockdown anyway.... Hoping something hatches
fl.gif
Good luck everyone.

Had to set up a makeshift brooder because my big girls are still in the brooder and the coop is STILL not finished!!! :he

It looks like great brooder! Good for you!

Please post pics of hatches. I am anxiously waiting as well. Today is day 19, and it seems like they'll NEVER hatch
barnie.gif

So I put my Eggs into a Brinsea Eco 20 that was lent to me for lockdown.... I had it running for a day to make sure the temp & humidity were holding .... and they were perfect 99.5 & 65% humidity. Well when I opened up the bator to put the eggs in last night the temp & humidity dropped.... Now the humidity is back up to 68% BUT the temperature is 98.2 or something like that ..... I can not get it to go higher ... I have put a towel around part of the bator trying not to block air flow holes.... Will this lower temp hurt my eggs??? What else can I do to increase the temp??? I know I'm not supposed to open the bator at this point but I'm worried!!!

Wooohooo lockdown last night at midnight! I'm very nervous about everything because I've been having a lot of problems stabilizing humidity due to our climate here. When I checked this morning, the sponge I had placed in there only brought the humidity up to 59%, then it started dropping again,
barnie.gif

So I'm thinking my 'lockdown' isn't going to be so tight. I've stopped rotating the eggs, but I'm pretty certain that I'll be opening the bator daily to add water. Most of the time it's nice to live in a place where things dry out right away (I mopped the kitchen floor 5 minutes ago, and I can walk on it already? score!), but right now it's my mortal enemy.

The good news is that all the babies that I candled yesterday were bumping and scooting around in the shell like crazy, and their shadows were really showing below the dark area (I've heard that's a sign of repositioning). No rocking or peeping eggs yet though.

Now I just have to keep myself from going crazy over the details @_@

Thanks for the reassurance chickee. This is my first hatch and of course I had to make it complicated by doing a staggered hatch... I was thinking that was probably the case but needed confirmation. I have had such a hard time waiting this long how am I going to last an extra day or so because of lower temps ??!!!!

My first hatch was late, also due to low temp:( I was positive they had all died! I assure you, its kind of like child birth, once they start to hatch you will be so excited and enthralled that you will completely forget about it. Think about it this way, it is better to have to wait a day or so than to have had it go the other way.

I have a pip they are due tomorrow so this little guy will be right on time. I won't be getting much sleep tonight.This is a paint Silkie hope my hatch goes well.

Back
Top Bottom