Winter incubation set, anyone else!!

OMG, How exciting!!!! Muzzie what kind of chick is that one?? I am hours away from day 20 but I see nothing.... I keep wondering how I will hear the peeps over the fan but I gather they are loud!!

The Brinsea Eco 20 I'm using as a hatcher is not holding its temp very well... It has dropped down another degree
he.gif
I wrapped the towel back around it hoping this will help steady it a bit.... so far it is holding humidity very well..... I'm in Los Angeles where we are in the middle of a mini semi heat wave its supposed to be 80 today, so its not like I'm battling freezing weather to keep the bator warm. And so I wait ... and wait ..... and wait ... Is it time yet?!!!!!
idunno.gif

I have Silkie eggs in the bator I'm on my way up to check on the others and see if there is any action. Is your temperature cycling up and down as the machine is adjusting the temperature or is it just dropping and staying low? What is the temperature? You will hear the peeps I can hear them upstairs when I am downstairs.

I snuck home from work to check on the hatching, and it looks like Egg 1 rested for about 6 hours, and just entered the zipping stage! Eeeeeeeeee! What a good baby, holding off until I get home
love.gif

I snuck home from work to check on the hatching, and it looks like Egg 1 rested for about 6 hours, and just entered the zipping stage!  Eeeeeeeeee!  What a good baby, holding off until I get home :love

Congrats on your zipping baby!! I WISH I could sneak home and check on mine!! I'm an hour away though :( I have rocking eggs but no pips yet. Come on 5 pm!!

Congrats on your zipping baby!! I WISH I could sneak home and check on mine!! I'm an hour away though
sad.png
I have rocking eggs but no pips yet. Come on 5 pm!!

Thanks!
hugs.gif

I think your babies are just waiting till you're home to see the exciting parts:) And to make you stay awake all night..... but that's another story :p

Back
Top Bottom