Winter incubation set, anyone else!!

I first tried to hatch the old fashion way, laying them down, they all died. So I read some one else thread about egg cartons, so I am going tyo give it a try . I got to wild looking wigglers !! due Jan 28th. I am just learning, hopefully I will be sucessful some day !!

I never did the egg carton thing, it just seems odd to me. Of course there is the great possibility of the chicks pipping on the downward end of the egg which would cause suffocation. Also, it greatly stunts movement which is a great help to chicks hatching. Doesn't seem like a good idea to me, is the reasoning for the egg carton method that you feel it would be cleaner or what? Just curious
hmm.png

Checking in. Set 50+ eggs on the 7th and 20 turkeys. Today we are down to about half of the auto turner on the chicken eggs and only 3 turkeys. So disappointing! Praying that the ones in there will hatch. Looking at lockdown on the 24th and hatching on the 27th. Keeping my fingers crossed all will do well, especially the turkeys
fl.gif
. Not sure what happened. Thinking the long commute in the cold weather had something to do with it. The incubator has been very steady. Trying a new hatch with some ee eggs and our own barnyard mix. Good luck to everyone going into lockdown soon
barnie.gif

Way to go guys! Lock down for me is Wednesday
sickbyc.gif
I have 30 eggs going into lock down from the 42 that I set. Hoping for a spectacular hatch

Last edited:
My eggs go into lockdown on Wednesday also!
ya.gif
I have 11 lavender Ameraucana and 8 wheaten/blue wheaten Ameraucana eggs
love.gif
The lavenders are sold and I am keeping the W/BWs to work towards improving my flock
wink.png

I set eggs on the 2nd and only 1 made it. It started breaking out about an hour ago and it sure is in a hurry. Is it normal for it to be breaking open from different spots? She has 2 spots that shes working on right now opposite sides of each other. Cant wait to post pics for everyone!!!

Back
Top Bottom