Winter incubation set, anyone else!!

Just set 12 eggs 4 blue wyandote 1 cochen and 7 mixed. This is my first set ever and It is in a homemade incubator. So here is to hoping I hatch some. So if I set at 1:00pm do I start counting today? So lock down is on the 25th or the 26?

Sample , if you set eggs like January 10 tuesday ,is hatch 21 day witch is the third tuesday the 31.
I set eggs every saturday and i know for every weekend i have new live .
hope this help

I never did the egg carton thing, it just seems odd to me. Of course there is the great possibility of the chicks pipping on the downward end of the egg which would cause suffocation. Also, it greatly stunts movement which is a great help to chicks hatching. Doesn't seem like a good idea to me, is the reasoning for the egg carton method that you feel it would be cleaner or what? Just curious
hmm.png

Well we have 18 Cubalaya eggs in the incubator and one of my hens went broody this winter! I managed to sneak a second egg under her... so a total of 20 eggs being incubated as we speak!

Wish us luck!

Well we have 18 Cubalaya eggs in the incubator and one of my hens went broody this winter! I managed to sneak a second egg under her... so a total of 20 eggs being incubated as we speak!

Wish us luck!

You need to wach broody hens in the winter time , they get up from the eggs sometime after the week or before the hatch 4-5 day.
Just keep you eye on.

Back
Top Bottom