Winter incubation set, anyone else!!

candled yesterday and removed four that stopped developing so todays count is at 25
fl.gif

GQF Vitamins Plus powder in their water does wonders
thumbsup.gif
I get it at the feed store. I also mix a ten grain cereal I get at the health food store into Purina Flockraiser and my chicks are super healthy
jumpy.gif

Hope your baby gets better
smile.png

GQF Vitamins Plus powder in their water does wonders
thumbsup.gif
I get it at the feed store. I also mix a ten grain cereal I get at the health food store into Purina Flockraiser and my chicks are super healthy
jumpy.gif

Hope your baby gets better
smile.png

I think it hatched too early... still had egg white, not yolk really.... he was kicking around when we left so hoping he will be fine. I have seen worse get better so I do have hope. I do have vitamins in the water, but he is still in the hatcher till tomorrow. Thanks!

Hi guys!
frow.gif

I candled yesterday. I saw two EE eggs with fantastic thick veins. That makes me hopeful. Out of twelve eggs those are the only ones I'm sure of. I have two others that have small possibilities but are too dark to know for sure. The other eight are no go. Such a bummer!

I guess I'll know for certain on he 28th what I'm getting!
ya.gif

Yay day 11 for my little peeps!
celebrate.gif

I really didn't have high hopes for the viability of the eggs since they were shipped in winter, and I am a novice at incubating. But besides one dud that I dropped and broke at day 5, and the quitter that I just removed last night, all the others look very promising!
jumpy.gif

9 out of 11 isn't bad with all the odds stacked against these little peeps! Maybe the breeder has a line of super-chickens...

This is my first winter to ever set eggs. Tomorrow in goes 148 chicken eggs. 48 Black Australorp, 48 Barred Rocks, 32 Mixed Japanese, 16 Swedish flower hen and 4 Buff/Barred Bantam Cochins.I will also be setting 24 Call Ducks. I have a New Genesis 1588 Incubator I will be trying out along with my 3 other Little Giant all fan forced incubators.So far I really like my Genesis it heats up rather quick and really does hold a steady temperature. I am new to the group I never usually post. All the Best! Doug

Back
Top Bottom