Winter incubation set, anyone else!!

Chick #2 (another BBS Silkie) hatched about 45 minutes ago! This one is much darker than the first one. My hubby actually got to watch. That should be a good plug for buying me an incubator, right???

Chick #2 (another BBS Silkie) hatched about 45 minutes ago! This one is much darker than the first one. My hubby actually got to watch. That should be a good plug for buying me an incubator, right???

congrats! I still have one hatched and three pips now, one is cheeping in the egg. It took the first one nine hours to hatch so I don't expect another until after midnight anyway. I think you should get an incubator, but I may be the wrong person to answer that
,I have three lol!

I still have only the one pipped from this morning! No one else has pipped from what I can tell. I am going crazy to meet my first chicken! But he doesn't seem to be in any hurry...

Tomorrow is day 21. With only one pipped so far, it looks like the others might be late. This waiting is HARD!

I set 20 days ago in my homemade incubator and at 4 this afternoon I got my first pip.
celebrate.gif
wee.gif

I hope its not my only one
fl.gif
. How long does it take to finish?
idunno.gif

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

First one hatched just an hour before I get to go home! The little stinker. At least DH was on hand to see the little guy.

Here he is taking a breather on his back:

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

First one hatched just an hour before I get to go home! The little stinker. At least DH was on hand to see the little guy.

Here he is taking a breather on his back:

LOL He looks like he's had a few too many!!! Congratulations and enjoy the rest of your hatch!!!

I just got home from work and nothing..... It's day 20 so I'll sit here and be patient.

My bator is holding a steady lower temp. It doesn't seem to be cycling through temps. I'm using the same hygrometer I was in my genesis hovobator and it's 2 degrees lower. In the hovobator it was right at 99.5. It looks like i'll be waiting for day 22-23. Til then I'll have to live vicariously through all of you and stare at your fuzzy butt pictures. so post more!!

Ok, so we have three more pips, and one drunken chick wandering around the incubator like it's on a bender.

Here's a video taken and narrated by my DH. I'm not sure which is cuter, my husband, or the chicken :p

Back
Top Bottom