Winter is almost over in Texas!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by easttxchick, Feb 3, 2011.

1. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    It has to be because I just went up into the attic to get the REALLY warm clothes that we hardly ever need down here and almost fell through the sheetrock(attic is not completely floored).
    I feel sure now that I've gone through all of that trouble, it should be around 70 degrees just shortly! Guess just to ensure warmer weather, I should have put all of my summer stuff up there while I was at it.
    No need to thank me fellow Texans. [​IMG]

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Quote:[​IMG]

Glad you have a plan.

Imp- hope it works

3. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    So WHY did you not do this sooner?????? Monday it was 70 degrees, Tuesday night it was 13 degrees. I have used my lunch break this week to go break ice off the horses/donkey/chicken water. Oh and Tuesday wind blew down a bunch of trees, one of which landed on the donkey's fence. So I was late back to work from stringing bob-whar, complete with torn jeans that got duct taped when I got back to work. Sheila, I hope you wrap up real good in the warmest clothes you have, then put on a artic sleeping bag for good measure. [​IMG]

4. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Met a lady who moved here from up north and was BOGGLED by the closet space here. Made NO sense to her... SO much space... until she'd been here a year and realized that you never really get to put away whole seasons of clothes like you can in other places. Maybe in May you can put up your coat and sweaters, but that's about it. You could easily need shorts in January.

Here's hoping your plan works though... I'm about sick of this stinking ice.

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Accident prone lately, are we?

I'd feel better if you'd sit down somewhere and stay still, at least till April. [​IMG]

6. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Then you end up with one leg stuck in the mud, the other in the air (minus boot it's still in the mud) and trying to figure whether to call for help, and thus draw attention to this latest escapade or to just toss in the towel and crawl your way out QUIETLY and toss all the clothes in the trash so no one notices that YET AGAIN you got stuck. Course when they see another boot like yard ornament come June ... well you've got time to come up with something...

7. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Well, when it gets there, please be a lovely doll and send it up this-a-way. Purdy, purdy please [​IMG]

Glad you did not fall thru [​IMG]

8. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Quote:Actually, yes, I have been, Kat, thanks for noticing! [​IMG]
    And Pineapplemama is correct, the largest part of my going down like a sack of rocks lately has been due to the mud AND getting stuck in the mud-one foot goes and the other one, not so much!
    Horsefeatherz-Of course, once it's 1800 degrees down here(sometime in May), I'll be happy to send about 1750 degrees of it outta here!
    Hmmm...guess DH is right, I AM never satisfied. [​IMG]
    I'm glad I didn't fall through either-I would have ended up in the garage floor(where DH was working). Pretty much no way to hide/deny that I did it if I ended up in a heap right in front of him on the concrete.

9. Spookwriter

Spookwriter Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Ohio
    I will have you know that there is a discussion in Congress as we speak.

The goverment will begin laying two hugh pipes from the frozen north to Texas.
    One pipe will be used to pipe our cold air and snow to Texas.
    The other pipe will be used to suck that warm Texas air up here.

(Gotta love the goverment)

10. mamawolf544

mamawolf544 Unbreakable Heart

Apr 29, 2009
    alvarado, Tx
    I wish the warm weather would hurry up.
    My water well has been frozen most of the week, it's fun buying bottled water for animals. [​IMG]
    The rolling blackouts started yesterday and of course I have eggs in the incubator.
    Not to mention the chicks I have in the house STILL because it has been too cold to move them to the barn. [​IMG]
    You gotta love Texas weather. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by