Winter is almost over in Texas!

I'm READY!
By the way, LOVE your new signature line.
smile.png

Durn it, I talked to my sister in Alaska over the weekend and I bragged about how warm it was here. Karma sucks!!!! Sorry folks, it is my fault it is so cold in Texas. We have about 1 1/2-2 inches of snow, a huge amount for Central Texas.

I've got one extra kid here so far. I've been cooped up at home all week with a sick kid, now that he is well we have a snow day. HELP!!!!!

I'm going out to get a load of firewood and build myself a fire. I find it ironic that I've lived in Alaska, Minnesota and New York, and the only place I've had a fireplace is in Texas.

All we got here this morning was a bit of freezing rain-of course that is enough to bring the Southeastern part of the State to a COMPLETE standstill.
big_smile.png

HOWEVER, I'm thinking my plan worked-it's supposed to be 51 degrees here tomorrow.
wee.gif

We are covered up in 6 inches of snow over the 4 inches of ice that has refused to melt all week. And it is still snowing. We can't see our small ppond anymore. And our well is still frozen.

You're welcome to some of our snow Sheila. The snow that the weather channel forgot to mention we'd be getting.
rant.gif

Keith wanted me to wake him up early today. He had an appointment to take his patrol car in for repairs (from the accident last week). When he finally did get up and asked why I hadn't woke him, I just opened the curtains and showed him.
tongue2.gif

Heres some snow guys...first day this winter I got snowed in and it didn't even snow,,,,,just the wind!

21259_driveway4.jpg

21259_driveway3.jpg

21259_driveway2.jpg

21259_driveway.jpg

That is my driveway...

I'm sure cold or otherwise bad weather is relative to what the norm is for the part of the country you live in.

eta can't spell

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom