Winterizing coop and run

Devorah

Songster
Feb 28, 2022
Leyden, Massachusetts
Two questions;

• General advice for winterizing coop in barn?
  • Should I be putting up plastic around my enclosed run? If so, what type of plastic and how and where should I attach it?
Thanks for your advice!

Two questions;

• General advice for winterizing coop in barn?
  • Should I be putting up plastic around my enclosed run? If so, what type of plastic and how and where should I attach it?
Thanks for your advice!
I use tarps with grommets I have used zip ties in the past to attach but am looking into bungee balls this winter I saw on Amazon they are reusable where zip ties are one and done

I use tarps with grommets I have used zip ties in the past to attach but am looking into bungee balls this winter I saw on Amazon they are reusable where zip ties are one and done
I don’t winterize my run. And sometimes the ladies get a bit antsy about that and go to extraordinary lengths to avoid getting cold feet (mostly it is fine though).
C837B85F-63BF-4F5D-9C7A-32C7886C5E4B.jpeg

I don’t winterize my run. And sometimes the ladies get a bit antsy about that and go to extraordinary lengths to avoid getting cold feet (mostly it is fine though).
View attachment 3277684
Brrrrr sounds chilly l guess I have spoiled chickens but 40 below with wicked winds is enough to make me worry about them ending up frozen

Most here block sides of runs up to 18" down from top I've seen plastic, shower curtains, plastic greenhouse panels etc. Is your run covered? Mine hate the snow and wind. Not so much bothered by cold though. If needed is your coop plenty big if they have to be locked in?

Back
Top Bottom