Winterizing the Waterer

Pics
I just keep adding shavings periodically, and the chickens dig it up and turn it. As for winterizing, i do put tarps up on the north side of the runs to block wind. I am putting a few bales of straw on the outside of the run to block wind as . I added some ventilation to the coops to help prevent frostbite and i am trying to build a solar powered water heater with poo powered back up!

That's what we do w the litter :)
We also put up windbreaks (clear shower curtains, lol) I'm trying to figure out how to get hay bales here, but will also use that when I do.

I love the solar water heater idea! Good luck with it!

Thanks for answering :D

That's what we do w the litter :)
We also put up windbreaks (clear shower curtains, lol) I'm trying to figure out how to get hay bales here, but will also use that when I do.

I love the solar water heater idea! Good luck with it!

Thanks for answering :D
Straw is usually cheaper than hay, but some places are going nuts with their prices.
If i didn't mention it, you can follow my thread Getting Ready for Winter in the Random Ramblings section. It has all the details and pictures of my solar water heater with poo powered back up!

Straw is usually cheaper than hay, but some places are going nuts with their prices.
If i didn't mention it, you can follow my thread Getting Ready for Winter in the Random Ramblings section. It has all the details and pictures of my solar water heater with poo powered back up!

Great, I'll check that out :)

Back
Top Bottom