Wire Wrap and Weave Jewelry

perchie.girl

Desert Dweller
Premium member
9 Years
Nov 29, 2010
San Diego county High Desert
Those are so pretty! Do you ever use feathers in your jewelry?
I could it would be very easy to wrap the base add a couple of sparkly dangles... Earrings and window hangings would be best. I have never done a dream catcher but alot of wire weavers do them...

I would love to do some pieces with horse hair as well. Lots of people with horses like those decorations. Or just jewelry to dress up bridles... Brow bands Cheek pieces...
then make matching necklace for the owner.

Even the very conservative Dressage people like a bit of sparkle on their horse's browbands.

But feathers Yepper. I used to have guinea fowl and their feathers are lovely.... Dark With white polka dots... A pop of color in the wire. The artistic wire comes in about fifty-ish different colors. If someone wanted a particular color Id have to buy more wire.

the color choices can be found at Parawire. this is my main source for wire. It is Protectively coated so it doesn't tarnish. Copper wire with the Coloring on it then the protective coating.

deb

perchie.girl

Desert Dweller
Premium member
9 Years
Nov 29, 2010
San Diego county High Desert
I bought Silver filled wire in half hard because I was used to using Copper or Colored wire in half hard Its hard to work with.... If I want to do some bracelets its perfect because it would be tough. I havent worked with it yet so I may change my mind about it. Only tried to bend it with my fingers.

Alot of the Wire weaving is done without tools.. Just needle nose pliers on occasion. But the actual weaving is all by hand

deb

Top Bottom