Wiring Dia. using SPDT relays to operate Pop door

clap

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 22, 2012
Here is a simple wiring diagram I found that will work with 12v dc motor using 2 limit switches , 2 diodes ( 1N4001) from Radio Shack and 2 automotive SPDT relays. This is a easy set up for making a auto chicken coop door. I am using a car window motor. I hope this helps somebody out. I couldn't seem to get any help from anybody about it. Where it says Norm Open on the right side is where you would use a 12v Timer
Clap (Dave C)

attachment.php

Last edited:
Same for me too, just a red X. I want to see this schematic. Wire gauge for car relays like that is nominal. 16 gauge wire for the control/transformer side should be fine. The side that controls the motor will depend on the draw of that motor. Does the motor have a wattage or amperage listed?

I must have done something wrong causing the red X I will get my daughter to fix it tomorow
Clap

Try this and let me know if you are still getting the red X

Can 'see' it now, thanks!
Can't 'read' it cause I know jack about electronics/wiring...but I can get it interpreted when needed.

The only thing that does not explain itself is the two things on the left side (black with a silver stripe) , they are diodes and the diodes that you would get will have the same stripe. That tells you what direction of the current flow. Just put them in the same as you see in the Dia. They go where the triangles are with the line at the point. And on the right side where it says norm open is just a switch and thats where you would put your timer

The micro switches are your limit switches

Last edited:
You know how long I've been looking for something like that? This is something I know I can do. Except I had a friend give me an auto door just last summer. I'm saving this incase I decide to build another coup.

wired up per your diagram. I am familiar with electronic circuits. Didn't work. I am trying to operate a auto antenna. Battery 12vdc fully charged. Same diodes ck good same relays . Can you provide a schematic so I can troubleshoot the circuitry I built? Thanks Oh by the way I am using solar switch to operate it, sun closed dark open.

Back
Top Bottom