Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by bigzio, Sep 18, 2009.

1. mxmarg

mxmarg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2012
    SCentral Sconny
    Hi Jakob! [​IMG] I'm a newb too! The hubs and I are building a coop over here in Waterloo (not so very far away!) and then we'll look into getting hopefully 4 residents. Why did you decide on the Barred Rocks?

BigFam -Pix! We need pix of your coop-in-progress and mural!!! [​IMG]

Hope everyone had a fabby Easter.

I got lots of garden set-up work done this weekend and all the hardware cloth has been wrestled into place on the tractor. pant, pant. I swore a LOT putting that stuff up by myself.

Maggie! How's the... [​IMG]... lice situation on your chickens?

BabyLady!!!!! I got to go see Hunger Games this weekend!!!!!! Freakin' and Geekin'!!!!!!! [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Bigfamily4me

Bigfamily4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2011
    Sauk City WI
    Love the nails MXM!

I'm afraid to show off the coop until its done... Like I'll jinx it or something!:rolleyes:

Isn't that hardware cloth awful?!

3. Bigfamily4me

Dec 27, 2011
    Sauk City WI
    Oh... And... Ummmm... I kinda bought my third incubator off eBay...
    But this one will be the hatcher!

OH HUSH CC... I can read your mind! :p

4. Terri O

Terri O Chillin' With My Peeps

Good evening and Happy Easter! Well, I hope yours was happy anyhow...since it's now late....for some of us! We traveled to Milwaukee to get DS23 and then to Appleton to my brother and SIL's place. My parents and other brother and SIL and their kids were there too. Drove thorough Greenleaf on the way and waved...did ya see me Amyable? Now DD26, DS23 and DD20 and her BF went out to Madison to take youngest back to school. Sheesh--driving the whole state today practically! It was nice to see the fam again though...my youngest nephew (7th grade) is now officially taller than me! He is 6' now! It is funny because my brother is my height and his wife is shorter than me. Must be all the BGH in the milk hey?

Welcome Jakob--I am in Milford so just a stone's throw from you! You will gain much knowledge here...much of it might be stuff that you'd really rather not know about! [​IMG]

I had an Easter surprise today; here she is!
    [​IMG]
    First baby guinea of the year! I thought there would be more. IT was hatched late last night and I left it in the bator for the day hoping there would be more when we got home. Not yet...I didnt want to put it in with the others that are already a week old without being able to keep an eye on it for a while. Seems to be holding its own in there with the "big guys" I swear they grew a bunch today! There is aother one that is not growing however...it is another one that is black with a brownish head. It is kind of standing with its head down. I think I will give it a little Karo syrup before I go to bed.

JIm I have an incubating question...I will send you a PM.
    Glad to hear you are back DrH...what an honor!
    I agree, we need to see the pics of the mural Bigfam! Then you can come to my place and paint one on my barn--or garage--or even on the house if you want!
    Nice job on your hatching FT--glad you got to go to Racine after all. Does your DH ever go along? Seems like you always stick him with the chores!
    [​IMG] Hey, did you know that you can drag those little icons around if you double click them? He appeard next to the pic of the guinea so I tried it for fun and it worked! Cool!

OK--I think it is time for me to hit the hay...Sweet dreams all! Terri O

5. Bigfamily4me

Dec 27, 2011
    Sauk City WI
    Ok, ok... The keet is cute! If only they stayed that way as adults :lol: but congrats on your new baby!

Sigh... I'll take some pics tomorrow. But I warn you... It's beginners stuff. But it's at least going to be interesting for my Baby Girls.

6. Celtic Chick

Celtic Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2011
    SE Wis
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Yeah, kinda like that.............. [​IMG]

7. Celtic Chick

Apr 7, 2011
    SE Wis
    So exactly what is this big mystery mural that I supposedly inspired????? All I remember saying was your chickens will paint their own mural on the walls in no time. [​IMG]

8. Bigfamily4me

Dec 27, 2011
    Sauk City WI
    Let's just say... Thank goodness your avatar isn't your picture, or else my chickens could poop on your face... :lol:

9. Celtic Chick

Apr 7, 2011
    SE Wis
    ????? A sunflower????? Sounds pretty.

10. babylady4

babylady4 Mother Goose

Mar 30, 2009
    Central WI
    MxM, those nails look awesome! My DD will be impressed for sure. What did you think of the movie? Just finished up the last Twilight movie...... I know it is a lost cause, but I keep hoping the acting will get better....... *sigh*

TO, he!! you could have stopped in and said hello, only another 30 min. West!

Had my side of the family over toady, everyone except my brother (too long of a drive from MN). I was nervous using the grill today with all the fire warnings and so on..... but the ham was FANTASTIC!!!!! Once again we over did it with WAY too much food; jello, mashed potatoes, bread, salad, cheese and crackers, fresh fruit, pickles, and then lamb cake and a cheesecake.. Of course it would not be complete without the kids Easter egg hunt and a few bouts of crying! :) I am glad I will not have to worry about what we will be having for dinner for the next few days, there is a lot of leftover ham.

DrH I forgot to congratulate you on your daughter's success! A very difficult degree to obtain! Where did she go to Vet school and where is she going to practice? I am so jealous...... but I have given up on that career path quite a while ago. The last thing I need now is to be up to my eyeballs in student loans.

I suppose it is almost midnight so I should log off. Night all!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by